How to Volunteer with Us:
- First, check out the volunteer opportunities below & choose ONE that works with you & your schedule!
- Read our Confidentiality and Media policies. When you register, you will need to confirm you agree to these policies.
- Then, click here to register as a volunteer*. You will need to log in and create a password which will open to a profile page in Realm.org. Complete both contact and personal information/application questions in the personal information tab. Please indicate ONE volunteer opportunity in which you want to get involved. You can join other outreach opportunities later on.
- Next, if the outreach directly involves the families, you will need a background check. We ask that you make a donation to Interfaith Welcome Coalition to cover the $14 cost but you are not required to do so. We still want you to volunteer with our families. You will receive a link from Verified First requesting permission to submit your information. The message will look something like this:
As part of your consideration for volunteering, you will need to fill out the background questionnaire found at the link below. Click here to begin The background questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and we recommend that you double check the information you provide for accuracy to make sure there is no delay in processing your background investigation.To remain in active consideration for volunteering, you must complete the background questionnaire within 14 days. It may take a few days to receive the link but check your junk mail tab in case the email is there. When your background check is complete you will receive a welcome letter that will give you information on who to contact to get started.
- If the outreach doesn’t require a background check, after you ave completed your profile page you will receive a welcome letter that will give you information on who to contact to get started.
- When you are through the process you may finally begin volunteering with us and positively impacting the lives of migrants!