- First, check out the volunteer opportunities below & choose ONE that works with you & your schedule!
- Read our Confidentiality and Media policies. When you register, you will need to confirm you agree to these policies.
- Then click here to register as a volunteer in our REALM database.
- Once you register you will receive an email asking you to verify your email
- You will then be directed to complete some basic information
- You will then be directed to a site called NEWS
- On the upper right, next to your name you will see a small arrow
- Click on the arrow and choose MY PROFILE
- Choose EDIT PROFILE and complete all the information requested in the CONTACT and PERSONAL INFORMATION tabs
- It is very important that you indicate ONEOUTREACH opportunity in which you want to get involved. You can join other volunteer opportunities later on.
- Within a few days you will be contacted to complete a background check if you are having contact with the immigrant families or you will be contacted by a volunteer coordinator if a background check is not required.
- Next, if the outreach directly involves the families, you will need a background check. We ask that you make a donation to Interfaith Welcome Coalition to cover the $14 cost but you are not required to do so. We still want you to volunteer with our families. You will receive a link from Verified First requesting permission to submit your information. The message will look something like this:
As part of your consideration for volunteering, you will need to fill out the background questionnaire found at the link below. Click here to begin The background questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and we recommend that you double check the information you provide for accuracy to make sure there is no delay in processing your background investigation. To remain in active consideration for volunteering, you must complete the background questionnaire within 14 days. It may take a few days to receive the link but check your junk mail tab in case the email is there. When your background check is complete you will receive a welcome letter that will give you information on who to contact to get started.
- If the outreach doesn’t require a background check, after you ave completed your profile page you will receive a welcome letter that will give you information on who to contact to get started.
- When you are through the process you may finally begin volunteering with us and positively impacting the lives of migrants!