Who: You would be great for this if you are social media savvy, have a passionate voice, and know the immigration issues. You must be able to parse through news often.
What you’ll do:
- Speak out concerning any bills filed in the current legislative session that would affect asylum seekers, refugees, and at-risk immigrants.
- receive opportunities to engage in protests, marches, or campaigns related to asylum seekers, refugees, and at-risk immigrants.
- Receive training to do presentations on local, state and federal policies/practices that impact asylum seekers, refugees, and at-risk immigrants.
- Become a point person for your faith community to be a source of information regarding all immigration issues.
- Collaborate with other organizations which work with asylum seekers, refugees, and at-risk immigrants and support their work.
- Participate in interfaith prayer services.
When: The Advocacy Committee meets the second Thursday of every month at 9:00 am preceding the IWC General Meeting.
Where: First Presbyterian Church
Why: To speak out about the issues!
Indicate on your volunteer application your interest in this committee!