Position: Volunteer Coordinator
Reports to: Coordinating Director
Approved by: IWC Board Directors Hiring Committee
Status: Temporary to permanent
The Interfaith Welcome Coalition (IWC) Volunteer Coordinator provides ample volunteer opportunities for churches, businesses, and community partners to support the organization’s vision, mission, values, and goals. Through relationships and presentations, the volunteer coordinator utilizes their skills to secure partnerships with churches, community groups, and businesses. In collaboration with the Coordinating Director and IWC Executive Committee, the coordinator helps seek out, contact and recruit interested volunteers who will engage in various roles in our coalition’s mission. Additionally, the Volunteer Coordinator trains, equips, and works side by side with volunteers and ministry coordinators. This job does require weekends and some nights. The Volunteer Coordinator interfaces with government agencies during periods of increased number of migrants in San Antonio, faith-based organizations, nonprofits and community groups to help volunteers with bus and airport arrivals, transportation, meals, shelter, respite, and material logistics.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
• Ability to work with personnel in all phases of program ministry, church engagement, and communications.
• Ability to develop and execute strategic plans for churches, community groups, and businesses to partner with IWC.
• Ability to delegate and share responsibilities with other personnel as the situation requires.
• Ability to take overall responsibility for developing and administering a creative and comprehensive volunteer engagement plan.
• Ability to see the big picture and bring those concepts to the engagement process and communicate it clearly to our constituents.
• Ability to establish positive relationships with diverse populations.
• Sensibility to the cultural differences that exist among the organization’s service population,
volunteers and staff.
• Knowledge or willingness to learn the REALM and SLACK database programs and to utilize it to maximize volunteer engagement.
• Willingness to work with the Coordinating Director of IWC and the Executive Committee to effect long-range planning for the overall program.
• Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal formats.
• Willingness to represent IWC in the media and in the community.
• Have the necessary expertise to lead our board, staff, and volunteers in how our story can best be communicated to our churches, community groups, and businesses.
• Social media network knowledge
Educational and Experiential Criteria:
Bachelor’s degree in human services, business, philanthropic development, or related field and 2-4 years experience in volunteer program management. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered;
Desired Skills and Qualifications include demonstrates:
⦁ experience with community outreach and building collaborative partnerships
⦁ excellent verbal and written communication skills
⦁ organizational and time management skills
⦁ computer skills with proficiency in MS Office
⦁ the ability to function professionally in stressful situations
Hourly range $20.83- $23.44 with possibility of overtime.
Please send cover letter, resume and 3 references to: Sanantoniowelcome@gmail.com Subject line: Volunteer Coordinator Hiring Committee